KING COUNTY 4-H HORSE PROGRAM
Are you interested in joining a King County 4-H Horse Club?
Check out our Club page to find contact info for clubs in your area or with your interests!
The King County 4-H horse program is part of the King County 4-H Association which includes a variety of clubs in different program areas. To find out information about clubs in other projects or starting a new club,
please contact our Extension Educator Nancy Baskett
All members need a number for every horse they are showing in 4-H.
Leaders will request all numbers at the beginning of the year.
New numbers can be assigned to any new horses and members at any time.
Horse Certificates must be turned in before a rider can show a horse.
Contact Sheilla Hagedorn at firstname.lastname@example.org for new numbers
Number assignments will be assigned in the following order:
Novice Junior Intermediates Seniors
1-99 100-199 200-399 400-599
Novice riders must also have their age division following their number.
Example for a Senior Novice 14-S
- Your number will be your responsibility to provide for yourself shows do not provide it.
- If you print it out use Ariel font in size 300 bold
- If you pin your number to your pad you must have one on each side of your horse
Please remember when asking for a number, the following information is necessary for you to get your number:
- Riders full name, not just a first name
- Horses name, registered(if they have one) and "barn" name (Barn name is their everyday name not the name of their barn)
- Age division, are they a Junior, Intermediate or Senior
Requests for numbers can not be met unless all of this info is given
to log in your volunteer hours!
It's very important for all enrolled volunteers to log in their volunteer hours by clicking on the link to the left and entering when you have volunteered. It helps for our Extension office to be able to show how hard our volunteers work to create and maintain such a great program. If you need help just ask :) The password is: password!
COMMUNICATION: Be sure you are getting all the info when we send it out. Here are the forms of communication we use. We do everything we can to get information out to our members, however, you need to request to be added to each of them except the website. Don't miss out on important info! This is for active current members of King County Horse 4-H only.
Facebook: King County 4-H Horse
State Teams Facebook: King County 4-H Horse State Teams (only for those on a state team)
Group Email: email@example.com
Online: This website, book mark it: www.kc4-hhorse.com
Remind: text @heedeg to 81010
If you are a new member or even just confused about anything, please check out our HELP! tab to the left.......
Lots of juicy info!
REMEMBER WE HAVE 3 MAJOR FUNDRAISERS THROUGHOUT THE YEAR!!
We need your help at these fundraisers to be able to continue to provide all the opportunities that are available to our members.
Shows, Educational events, Scholarships, Awards, Trailer Maintenance, Equipment, Fair,
State Coats, ribbons and SO much more!
KICK THE DUST UP RODEO KITCHEN SPECTACKULAR TACK SALE
July 18, 2020 click here August 27-29 2020 FALL OF 2020
- To receive updates via text please join our horse program Remind (parents/guardians only) text @heedeg to 81010
- Rule proposals are now due to Sheilla Hagedorn prior to the October leaders meeting, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 21st, 7pm Horse Program Kick Off Meeting WTBA all members to attend
- Member numbers are updated on FLO for 2019/2020 added 9-16-19
It's time to ENROLL!! Click Here to do the online enrollment for the King County 4-H program (also found on the forms tab)
Be sure to fill out and sign forms 1-3 on the Forms tab for the Horse Program enrollment