KING COUNTY 4-H HORSE PROGRAM
Are you interested in joining a King County 4-H Horse Club?
Check out our Club page to find contact info for clubs in your area or with your interests!
The King County 4-H horse program is part of the King County 4-H Association which includes a variety of clubs in different program areas. To find out information about clubs in other projects or starting a new club, please contact our Extension Educator Nancy Baskett
King County 4-H Association Newsletter
- Secretaries/Managers training is set for January 21st 11-2 location TBA
- King County Fair dates on the County Fair and Calendar pages added 1-13-17
- Evergreen Equestrians Judging date CHANGED TO JANUARY 29TH FLYER
- 2016/2017 Rules proposal ballots are ready. This doc includes the clarification of proposal #10. Click HERE for Ballots, and HERE for patterns associated with rule #5. Deadline for all votes is January 19th 2017 added 12-16-16
- Next leaders meeting is January 19th, 7pm at the Covington Library .
All members need a number for every horse they are showing in 4-H.
Leaders will request all numbers at the beginning of the year.
New numbers can be assigned to any new horses and members at any time.
Horse Certificates must be turned in before a rider can show a horse.
Contact Sheilla Hagedorn at firstname.lastname@example.org for new numbers
Number assignments will be assigned in the following order:
Novice Junior Intermediates Seniors
1-99 100-199 200-399 400-599
Novice riders must also have their age division following their number.
Example for a Senior Novice 14-S
- Your number will be your responsibility to provide for yourself shows do not provide it.
- If you print it out use Ariel font in size 300 bold
- If you pin your number to your pad you must have one on each side of your horse
Please remember when asking for a number, the following information is necessary for you to get your number:
- Riders full name, not just a first name
- Horses name, registered(if they have one) and "barn" name (Barn name is their everyday name not the name of their barn)
- Age division, are they a Junior, Intermediate or Senior
Requests for numbers can not be met unless all of this info is given
to log in your volunteer hours!
It's very important for all enrolled volunteers to log in their volunteer hours by clicking on the link to the left and entering when you have volunteered. It helps for our Extension office to be able to show how hard our volunteers work to create and maintain such a great program. If you need help just ask :) The password is: password!
COMMUNICATION: Be sure you are getting all the info when we send it out. Here are the forms of communication we use. We do everything we can to get information out to our members, however, you need to request to be added to each of them except the website. Don't miss out on important info! This is for active current members of King County Horse 4-H only.
Facebook: King County 4-H Horse
State Teams Facebook: King County 4-H Horse State Teams (only for those on a state team)
Group Email: email@example.com
Online: This website, book mark it: www.kc4-hhorse.com
Evergreen Equestrians Judging on 1-29-17 has moved to the King County Fairgrounds covered arena.
Rules results: All proposals have passed.