KING COUNTY 4-H HORSE PROGRAM
Are you interested in joining a King County 4-H Horse Club?
Check out our Club page to find contact info for clubs in your area or with your interests!
The King County 4-H horse program is part of the King County 4-H Association which includes a variety of clubs in different program areas. To find out information about clubs in other projects or starting a new club, please contact our Extension Educator Nancy Baskett
King County 4-H Association Newsletter
- Evergreen Equestrians Judging results click here added 2-2-18
- Mounted Magic Judging Flyer on Education and Calendar tabs added 1-31-18
- Program calendar has been updated now that venues are booked added 1-11-18
- 2017-2018 permanent number list is up on FLO, please report changes in your club.
- December Leaders Meeting Minutes posted to the Horse Comm Docs page added 1-8-18
All members need a number for every horse they are showing in 4-H.
Leaders will request all numbers at the beginning of the year.
New numbers can be assigned to any new horses and members at any time.
Horse Certificates must be turned in before a rider can show a horse.
Contact Sheilla Hagedorn at email@example.com for new numbers
Number assignments will be assigned in the following order:
Novice Junior Intermediates Seniors
1-99 100-199 200-399 400-599
Novice riders must also have their age division following their number.
Example for a Senior Novice 14-S
- Your number will be your responsibility to provide for yourself shows do not provide it.
- If you print it out use Ariel font in size 300 bold
- If you pin your number to your pad you must have one on each side of your horse
Please remember when asking for a number, the following information is necessary for you to get your number:
- Riders full name, not just a first name
- Horses name, registered(if they have one) and "barn" name (Barn name is their everyday name not the name of their barn)
- Age division, are they a Junior, Intermediate or Senior
Requests for numbers can not be met unless all of this info is given
to log in your volunteer hours!
It's very important for all enrolled volunteers to log in their volunteer hours by clicking on the link to the left and entering when you have volunteered. It helps for our Extension office to be able to show how hard our volunteers work to create and maintain such a great program. If you need help just ask :) The password is: password!
COMMUNICATION: Be sure you are getting all the info when we send it out. Here are the forms of communication we use. We do everything we can to get information out to our members, however, you need to request to be added to each of them except the website. Don't miss out on important info! This is for active current members of King County Horse 4-H only.
Facebook: King County 4-H Horse
State Teams Facebook: King County 4-H Horse State Teams (only for those on a state team)
Group Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online: This website, book mark it: www.kc4-hhorse.com
The horse board would like to thank our members for being so diligent with the EHV-1 outbreak and our program halt of acitivites. Normal activities may now resume but we would like everyone to follow a few precautions:
- When visiting other barns, unless necessary, stay out of their stall area.
- Do not let your horse share water with horses from other barns, at shows or events. Bring your own bucket.
- Prevent as much horse to horse contact as possible.
- Please don't feed treats to several horses at an event, this is a very common and unrealized form of contamination.
- Be sure your boots are clean when going to another barn.
- Add hand sanitizer to your grooming bucket that you take with you to shows.
By following these practices we can help prevent the spread of several illnesses
King County Horse 4-H would like to present The Equus Festival!
Find out more at the Equus Festival tab on the left.
PASSED #1 State qual class prior to fair required
PASSED #2 Dressage medals 63% and 3 points to earn
PASSED #3 No readers allowed for state qual and medals dressage
FAILED #4 Remove "required" double judge at fair
FAILED #5 Paperwork and $ in prior to medals for all events including fair and state to earn